PMLABELS now establishes a nationwide network to supply the on demand labels and tags for the custom products and many other portfolios. We PMLABELS www.pmlabels.com focus on adding value to your business with blank and printed materials for product identification, labeling, decoration and promotional advertising. We take pride in the diversity of our products and our ability to deliver with the speed, flexibility, dependability and responsiveness so often demanded in today’s business environment.
As far as labels word is concerned , it can be defined as A label is a piece of paper ,cloth polymer or metallic , or other material affixed to a container or article, on which is printing a legend, information concerning the product, addresses, etc. A label may also be printed directly on the container or article.
Labels have many uses: products identification, name tags, advertising, warnings, and other communication. Special types of labels called barcode or digital labels (printed through a digital printing or through barcode printer can also have special constructions such as RFID hard or soft tags , Security printing by means of code or holograms
• Thermal - direct thermal label stock will change color (usually black) when heated. A heating element in the shape of letters or images can be used to create an image on the label. Custom labels can be easily be made on location in this way. A disadvantage is durability, because another heat source can ruin or obscure the image, or it may fade completely over time.
• Thermal Transfer for applications that cannot use Thermal (Thermal Direct) label material because of heat source proximity or short label life, a more widely used material is Thermal Transfer Label printer. This material has the advantage of a much longer readable life and does not fade with time or heat. Most major manufacturers of Thermal Printers can be used for either Thermal Transfer (TT) or Thermal (DT) labels. A thermal transfer ribbon will be required to print the labels. The cost of the ribbons + TT labels is similar to that of the DT labels on their own.
• None - labels can be printed directly on adhesive without using a substrate. Labels made in this manner are extremely fragile, however, and have been rendered virtually obsolete by other printing methods such as silk screen.
• Thermal Transfer Ribbon Types
o Wax is the most popular with some smudge resistance, and is suitable for matte and semi-gloss paper labels.
o Wax / Resin is smudge resistant, suitable for semi-gloss paper and some synthetic labels.
o Resin is scratch and chemical resistant, suitable for coated synthetic labels.
The stock type will affect the types of ink that will print well on them.
Corona treating or flame treating some plastics makes them more receptive to inks and adhesives by reducing surface tension.
Application and use
A typical thermal label printer
Labels can be supplied:
• on a roll
• on a sheet
Many labels are pre-printed by the manufacturer. Other have printing applied manually or automatically at the time of application.
Some labels have protective overcoats, laminates, or tape to cover them after the final print is applied. This is sometimes before application and sometimes after.
Labels are often difficult to peel and apply. Most companies use a Label dispenser to speed this task.
Specialized high speed application equipment is available for certain uses.
Ink and base stock color choices commonly conform to the Pantone Matching System (PMS) colors. The Pantone system is very dominant in the label printing industry. Additionally specialty inks such as metallic, UV ink, magnetic ink, and more are available. Ink is usually transparent however it can be made opaque. It has been known for certain companies to patent "their own" color. . Digital labels use process colors to replicate Pantone solid colors.
• Piggyback labels are made from combining two layers of adhesive substrate The bottom layer forms the backing for the top. The label can be applied to any object as normal, the top layer can be a removable label that can be applied elsewhere, which may change the message or marking on the remaining label underneath. Often used on Express mail envelopes.
• Smart labels have RFID chips embedded under the label stock.
• Asset Labels / Tags are used for marking fixed and non-fixed assets. They are usually tamper-evident, permanent or frangible and usually contain a barcode for electronic identification using readers.
• Blockout labels are not see-through at all, concealing what lies underneath with a strong gray adhesive.
• Radioactive labels The use of radioactive isotopes of chemical elements, such as carbon-14, to allow the in vivo tracking of chemical compounds.
• Laser Labels are generally die cut on 8.5" x 11" sheets, and come in many different shapes, sizes , and materials. Laser label material is a nonporous stock made to withstand the intense heat of laser printers and copiers.
• Inkjet Labels are generally die cut on 8.5" x 11" sheets (US letter) and a4 size, and come in many different shapes, sizes, and materials. Inkjet label material is a porous stock made to accept ink and dye from your inkjet printer. One of the more modern inkjet label material stocks is waterproof printable inkjet material commonly used for soap or shower gel containers.
• Security Labels are used for anti-counterfeiting, brand protection, tamper-evident seals, anti-pilferage seals, etc. These combine a number of overt and covert features to make reproduction difficult. The use of security printing, holography, embossing, bar codes, RFID chips, custom printing, weak (or weakened) backings, etc. is common. They are used for authentication, theft reduction, and protection against counterfeit and are commonly used on ID cards, credit cards, packaging, and products from CDs to electronics to clothing.
Please contact PM Labels and for placing orders at:
S - 4, Pankaj Plaza, Pocket - 7,
Plot - 7, Near Metro Station,
Dwarka Sector - 12,
Metro Pillar No - 1030,
New Delhi - 110078, India